Last month was Starbucks 20th anniversary on Vancouver Island, and with it they gave back to the Island community with a special anniversary celebration and a $20,000 donation to the Vancouver Island Salvation Army.
That first store 20 years ago is still there today, on the corner of Fort Street and Blanshard.
“I remember it like it was yesterday. We opened the doors on Friday, March 11th, 1994 and over that weekend, we served thousands of customers,” says Kerry Busheikin, former store manager of Starbucks first café on Fort Street in Victoria, now vice-president of Operations for Starbucks Canada. “Starbucks Fort Street store opening was one of the most successful store openings for Starbucks at that time and it was all thanks to the incredible welcome the community gave us. Now twenty years later, many of those same customers are still coming through the doors.”
As valued partners, Starbucks has generously provided two $25 Starbucks Gift Cards to giveaway to our lucky readers.
Here’s how to enter the contest:
1. Leave a comment on this post and let us know your favourite Starbucks drink (1 entry)
2. Like our Facebook page and share our contest post (1 entry)
3. Post the following to Twitter to earn a bonus entry (1 entry)
I entered to win a $25 @StarbucksCanada gift card from @VicExplorer. Enter at http://bit.ly/1esG5ij #yyjcontest
We will pick the winner of one card from all the comments on this post, and the other winner will be selected from those who like our Facebook page and share the contest post.
1. Contest closes once we reach 1,400 fans on our Facebook page
2. Winners will be picked at random from all entries and contacted via E-mail, DM on Twitter, or on Facebook
3. If the winner(s) can not be contacted within 24 hours of the contest closing, we will pick another winner at random